Monday 3 June 2013

Peeling Back the Layers

I spent part of my morning yesterday peeling off more of the wallpaper in the master bedroom. I found another layer underneath what I thought was the old one, so we are up to 3 layers of wallpaper now.

Underneath the pale green floral - the "current" paper - I found a gorgeous pattern with birds, which I described in a previous post.

Yesterday, I discovered another wallpaper underneath the first two, and it has a very delicate pattern that is shown in the last photos here. We've been quite busy at the Little Blue House, so we will have lots to blog about in the coming few months!

Several people have suggested that we take samples of each layer of wallpaper to frame. Hanging side by side, the designs would depict an important aspect of the home's history... style!

Surveying the Damage, 2 June 2013

Wallpaper Removal

The Oldest Design Found, circa 1898?

Delicate Wallpaper in Green, Yellows & Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment