Tuesday 15 October 2013

All Closed In, Well Sort Of

A couple of things have happened during the past 2 weeks. Firstly, I broke my right thumb playing hockey (no, I wasn't fighting). Secondly, our contractor got the Little Blue House closed up!

My thumb hurts like hell, so I can't type very quickly or very much. Ouch! 

We're thrilled that the major ingress routes for mice have been plugged up. That said, there are a myriad of other ways that our pesky and unwelcome rodent visitors may access the LBH. It's that time of year, too. I have an intense dislike of mice. I am trying not to use the word hate, since it's really too strong a word for this situation...

The subfloor in the bedroom is in, and the wall has been repaired, where it was rotten. This is an achievement! The house is closed up. The next step, this week, will be concrete footings and a pony wall. My kids say, "Pony wall?? Mummy, where are the ponies?"

Bedroom Wall Repair, Oct 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment