Monday 28 January 2013

Where is the LBH?


I should finally divulge the location of our little town. I have been hesitant to do so, fearing (hopefully, without just cause) that crazy internet hackers and criminals would descend on the Little Blue House to harass or otherwise cause mischief to our dear LBH. I imagine that is not the case, and after much careful consideration, I have decided that you (who are reading this post now) are not a crazy internet hacker or criminal mastermind. Mwooo ha ha ha HAAAA!

You aren't, are you?

Many readers who are visiting this blog have found it using the link on the Old Houses website, under restoration stories. Our LBH is the third listing from the top, which is wonderful. Those readers will already know the name of this small town. That is a fantastic website, by the way, so I shall include a link to it here:


So, without further delay, I will tell you where the LBH is located.

The Little Blue House is located in Atlin, BC, Canada, which is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Atlin is sometimes referred to as "Little Switzerland," and it is with good reason. I will most definitely blog about Atlin in the near future.

One of the reasons I wished to tell you the name of this town, is so that I may give proper credit in the future for some of the historical facts about Atlin. In another post, perhaps my next one, I would like to describe one of the homes near the LBH, which is abandoned. Much of that story I have learned from reading Diane Solie Smith's book, A Guide to Atlin's Historical Buildings. It was published by the Atlin Historical Society in 2003.

As far as I know, the only place where one can buy this book is from the Atlin Museum, open seasonally. The Atlin Museum is pictured below. I believe it was constructed in 1902, and it was Atlin's first real school house. It was moved from its original location in later years and it is now a Travel Info Centre and a great little museum.


I am looking forward to telling you about Atlin! Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment